Wednesday 25 March 2009

surprise finds


This little beauty is a cowslip I think and has been totally overlooked by me. It was growing amongst shrubs so I was totally blinkered to its charm.



It was only when I moved it to its new home I realised how stunning it was, especially at this time of year when it can be a bit drab.


Its new home being my new bit of garden, which has swiftly been filled with plants gathered from around the garden. Its an odd aspect, part shade/part sun so I will have to see how they fair.
There are purple aquilegias for spring, orange helenium for late summer and a hydrangea which has yet to flower for me. Also a white dicentra/bleeding heart which I have recently bought, don't tell the husband!


The best thing in the garden at the moment is the perfume wafting around from this heather.
Who knew heather smelt so sweet? Its a cross between parma violets and bubblegum!



Lemon balm tea: anti viral and clears the mind!



Looks like I needn't have worried about the peat free compost as everything has grown.
Including some white echinacea and white lupin seeds that I bought online from some chaps garden. This is a money spinner I could cash in on maybe?

1 comment:

Simone said...

The cowslip is lovely and delicate looking. They look like little cow bells. You are doing a good job with the garden. I am way behind. I have not sown any seeds yet! By the way, I am glad that you see faces in things too. I had wondered if I was going slightly bonkers!!!